Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1

    Hand gun owners..

    I have never shot a 1911, but I can't stop myself from wanting one. I watch 1911 vid's, I browse used 1911 sales, I look at 1911 reviews etc..

    Anyone have an opinion of a not junk 1911? I don't want to pay for a high end one either. I'm fine with used as well.


    On a side note, I picked up a smith and wesson Stealth hunter in 44 mag. Sweet gun! This is not my video.
    629 Stealth Hunter at the Range - YouTube

    I can't wait for a afternoon of warmer weather to get out to the range for a few hours.

  2. #2
    You probably should ask your question on canadiangunnutz.com However the design came out 107 years ago so most of the bugs have been worked out by now with all manufacturers.

  3. #3
    What's your budget? I can point you in the right direction if I have a number.

    You can spend 500 or you can spend 5000+ on a 1911.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mt666tm View Post
    What's your budget? I can point you in the right direction if I have a number.

    You can spend 500 or you can spend 5000+ on a 1911.
    Totally right @mt666tm! I often check out gun stores websites (lots are local-ish i.e. Edmonton, Calgary, N. Battleford and a couple in Vancouver; marstar.com is a good place to start your research) to see what they have on special as there are lots of sales on - even hand guns. As I'm a po' ass social worker i tend to opt for NorincoHand gun owners.. and that's nice for my wallet. What calibre do you want it in? Regardless they are a hoot to use!

    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    “The world is so full of a number of things, I ’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.”
    ― Robert Louis Stevenson


    servus servorum Dei

  5. #5
    Personally I would not buy a 1911 that wasn't chambered for .45. No really good reason for my thinking, I just like the simplicity.

    Quote Originally Posted by denethor View Post
    Totally right @mt666tm! I often check out gun stores websites (lots are local-ish i.e. Edmonton, Calgary, N. Battleford and a couple in Vancouver; marstar.com is a good place to start your research) to see what they have on special as there are lots of sales on - even hand guns. As I'm a po' ass social worker i tend to opt for NorincoHand gun owners.. and that's nice for my wallet. What calibre do you want it in? Regardless they are a hoot to use!

    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Jdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Chi-town,NB
    Age
    32
    Posts
    38
    Colt government 1911..never let ya down

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbd View Post
    You probably should ask your question on canadiangunnutz.com However the design came out 107 years ago so most of the bugs have been worked out by now with all manufacturers.
    CGN has a lot of decent guys, but a ton of douches as well.

    I am very familiar with the history of the 1911. But I'm at the age where I don't want a gun the functions fine, but the fit an finish isn't good. I have zero tolerance for actions that are not buttery smooth.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mt666tm View Post
    What's your budget? I can point you in the right direction if I have a number.

    You can spend 500 or you can spend 5000+ on a 1911.
    New or used 800-1400$

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by denethor View Post
    Totally right @mt666tm! I often check out gun stores websites (lots are local-ish i.e. Edmonton, Calgary, N. Battleford and a couple in Vancouver; marstar.com is a good place to start your research) to see what they have on special as there are lots of sales on - even hand guns. As I'm a po' ass social worker i tend to opt for NorincoHand gun owners.. and that's nice for my wallet. What calibre do you want it in? Regardless they are a hoot to use!

    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    any non 45 acp is an abomination

    Last time I was in cabaleas I was very unimpressed with the handgun selctions. Most box stores only carry a couple brands and a couple models of each.

    On line vendors is the best way for guns unless the box store has exactly what you want.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside View Post
    any non 45 acp is an abomination

    Last time I was in cabaleas I was very unimpressed with the handgun selctions. Most box stores only carry a couple brands and a couple models of each.

    On line vendors is the best way for guns unless the box store has exactly what you want.
    Totally agree with you @animal-inside! Box stores are no good for hand guns. Gum stores that specialize in firearms are the way to go!

    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    “The world is so full of a number of things, I ’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.”
    ― Robert Louis Stevenson


    servus servorum Dei

Similar Threads

  1. Shitty dog owners vr
    By animal-inside in forum General Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-26-2018, 09:13 AM
  2. hand jobs 10 bucks
    By musclememory in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 11:00 PM
  3. Any crazy motorcycle owners on here?
    By Born2Juice4Ever in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-28-2013, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •